Published: Sun, December 17, 2017
Culture&Arts | By Darrell Mcdonald

Mario Batali kicked off ABC amid misconduct allegations

Mario Batali kicked off ABC amid misconduct allegations

"Upon completing its review into the allegations made against Mario Batali, ABC has terminated its relationship with him and he will no longer appear on 'The Chew, '" the network said.

The celebrity chef stepped away from his restaurant empire this week in the wake of the allegations, and on Friday ABC announced that Batali had been fired from "The Chew".

Batali, a Seattle native was accused of making crass come-ons, kissing and groping an unconscious woman at the Spotted Pig, berating his employees, and touching other women without their consent.

After celebrity chef Mario Batali, facing sexual misconduct allegations, posted an online apology followed by a baking method for cinnamon rolls, veteran magazine editor Tina Brown chose to suggest another recipe.

Three of the four women are reported to have worked for the American chef at some point.

More news: Iran supplied Yemen rebels with ballistic missile

"I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt", he said in a statement to Eater. The Food Network had planned to relaunch his show "Molto Mario" next year, but said Monday it would be put on hold.

Batali did not deny the allegations, saying in a statement that "although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted".

"A 30 for 30 on how Mario Batali came to the decision that posting a cinnamon roll recipe with an apology responding to sexual harassment allegations was a good idea", tweeted New York Times writer Sopan Deb. "I take full responsibility", Batali wrote. He then promised to work every day to regain his fan's "trust and respect".

"I have made many mistakes and I am so very sorry". The successes I have enjoyed are owned by everyone on my team.

Like this: