Published: Fri, January 12, 2018
Science | By Eileen Rhodes

Will YouTube ban disgraced vlogger Logan Paul for good?

Will YouTube ban disgraced vlogger Logan Paul for good?

Paul, 22, was criticised by viewers last week after uploading a video featuring a dead body in Japan's suicide forest, Aokigahara. Logan Paul later deleted the video from channel his channel and issued apologies but the post was viewed by millions by then. However, Youtube chose to take strict actions to discipline vloggers like Logan Paul.

The tasteless content has come at a high price for the star who has seen all his channel's unceremoniously removed from YouTube's rarified Google Preferred programme, where brands can target advertising toward the top 5% of content creators.

Paul also won't appear in the upcoming fourth season of the YouTube Red original sitcom "Foursome".

A YouTube spokesman said: In light of recent events, we have chose to remove Logan Paul's channels from Google Preferred.

According to the company's policies, if his notorious video is deemed to have broken the community guidelines, YouTube would give Paul's once successful channel a strike.

"We expect more of the creators who build their community on @YouTube, as we're sure you do too. You're right to be", its tweet said.

Paul has not posted any new videos to his YouTube channel since publishing a "so sorry" video last week.

YouTube has cut business ties with the vlogger in the wake of the controversy over the recent "suicide forest" video from Japan.

More news: Call out Iran but keep nuclear deal, Germany says to US

The statement signs off with the promise to take steps "to ensure a video like this is never circulated again".

Anyone affected by issues raised in this article can contact Pieta House on 1800-247-247 or the Samaritans on 116-123.

Paul was widely criticized for making the video in Japan's so-called "suicide forest".

There has been mixed responses to this letter with many in the community feeling that YouTube should have done more about the situation.

He was subsequently criticised, with filmmaker and actor Anna Akana arguing: "That body was a person someone loved".

Before being removed, the 15-minute clip garnered more than six million views.

In a string of tweets, YouTube posted an apology in a series of tweets on their official Twitter page.

Like this: