Quincy, IL News - Journal930.com
Quincy, IL News - Journal930.com
Sunday, Nov 29, 2015

21 Applicants for Qcy Park District Exec Director

21 Applicants for Qcy Park District Exec Director

1 year, 4 months ago by Scott Hardy

Women’s City Club now Lorenzo Bull Park

The Quincy Park Board revealed at Wednesday night’s monthly meeting that they’ve received 21 applications to replace Ed Seger as Executive Director.

According to Park Board President John Frankenhoff, “We’re pleased. We’ve got a wide diversity of people interested in leading the park district. We’re going to narrow that list down and move a certain number of people to Phase 2. Then in August, we’ll narrow it down to who we actually want to interview. So, I think we’re on schedule for someone to take over later this year.” 

Seger announced earlier this year that he would be stepping down as Executive Director at the end of the year.

The Park Board voted to name the Women’s City Club grounds at 15th and Maine Lorenzo Bull Park. A new sign will be installed at a cost of $3,000, which is covered by the Park District’s corporate reserves.

Those corporate reserves will also pay to install a lighted 25-foot flag pole in front of the Park District’s executive office on Bonansinga Drive. The idea for the flag pole came from public comments at several previous meetings about the desire to have an American flag flying in front of the office. The total cost will be $2,000.

The Park Board also voted to continue participating in the State of Illinois Federal Surplus Property Program.

Director of Parks Rome Frericks told the Board his crews should be able to start working on clearing debris from Clat Adams Park Thursday. It’s not clear if new grass is going to have to be planted because of the flood waters from the Mississippi River. Frericks also reported that work on the new playground in Riverview Park is complete.

Director of Golf Matt Burry said that as of now, the Little People’s Golf Tournament has reserved dates for 2015. On the eve of this year’s tournament, Titan Wheel announced they would no longer be able to sponsor the tournament.  

Director of Program Services Mike Bruns reported that Berrian Park’s tennis courts should be converted over to pickleball courts by the end of the month. Two pickleball courts are being lined and resurfaced, with room to expand to six if there’s a demand for them.